Hey everyone!

So I recently went to Disneyland with my fiancee and I thought I'd give some future adventurer's some tips on how to survive Disneyland!

Especially, if you only get 1 day to go since that is what happened in our case! It was my fiancee's first time going to Disneyland (even going to California was a first for him) so I used my previous experiences to make the most of the 1 day we had for him! Here are some tips to make the most of Disneyland in 1 day!

So, first off, your ticket can be used to get FASTPASSES.

(MAXPASS is different than FASTPASS for those who aren't informed. MAXPASSES are an extra $20 currently and they automatically get you at the front of the ride lines. If you want to do that cool, but I personally don't think its worth it if you're on a budget! FASTPASS allow you to reserve a space for the front of the line for a designated wait time! There is a wait time to get another FASTPASS afterwards, but they go by pretty quickly once you're traveling all over the park.)

So with this information, I would HIGHLY suggest using your FASTPASSES to get onto rides that are more popular and have bigger line and wait times.

Some rides I would suggest is:

• Space Mountain,
  • Matterhorn Bobsleds,
  • Splash Mountain,
  • Big Thunder Mountain Rail Road,
  • Pirates of the Caribbean (although they are closed currently)
  • Indiana Jones Adventure.

These are some of the rides I would suggest getting FASTPASSES for because a lot of people tend to try and get in lines for these ASAP and the wait time skyrocket like mad!

And a pro of taking advantage of your FASTPASS is that you can go on nearby rides with way shorter wait times to help time pass! You can get your FASTPASSES from little machines nearby the ride you want to get on, there are usually signs leading to them!

Another tip we learned is that you should do your souvenir shopping FIRST.

I say this because the park usually gets really busy and really crowded on Main Street so it would be hard to get your stuff when there are so many people around!

Then! Once you get your souvenirs, you can drop them off at a locker until you're done riding all the rides! Last I went, for a 1 bag locker, it only cost $10 for all day, and $20 for a 2 bags locker. These lockers can be found on Main Street near the Market House!

By doing this, you get your shopping out of the way and you don't have to carry anything besides your wallet and cellphone!

And you think you'll need a quick snack? The Main Street Food Carts near Walt Disney's statue have short lines and quick food to grab like Turkey legs and Soda!

Need a seat? But all the benches are taken up? We found some good rest spots like:

• Main Street Cinema on Main Street (its inside AND you can watch some old cartoons by Disney there!),
  • Star Wars Launch Bay in Tomorrowland (its inside AND you can play with LEGOS),
  • Shady Seating in Frontierland near Mark Twain's Riverboat (its under some trees and you get to be near the Rivers of America!)
  • Shady Seating in Critter Country near The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (if you have kids, you should rest here while they ride Winnie the Pooh ride!)
  • Shady Seating in New Orleans Square near French Market Restaurant (people usually sit in the patio of the restaurant to notice the shady seating AND you can enjoy some LIVE Jazz music)
  • Bengal Barbecue in Adventureland (is usually not busy since it's a quick snack grabbing place

And finally, I'll leave you guys my Disneyland Itinerary so you guys can see what we did to make the most of my 1 day at Disneyland!

DISNEYLAND ITINERARY

8:00 AM - 8:30 AM = Woke up and left the motel to Disneyland, using a Lyft (15 mins)

8:45 AM - 9:00 AM = Got into line to enter the park through Downtown Disney District

9:15 AM - 10:45 AM = Got breakfast at Rainforest Cafe (mmm~ we got a souvenir cup!)

10:50 AM - 11:20 AM = Took a stroll through Downtown Disney District (a lot of the stores were closed since it was too early, but we got to go into some and look at all the stuff!)

11:30 AM - 11:50 AM = We make it to the DisneyLand Entrance! (we had digital tickets so we just got scanned and let right in!) We start looking around!

12:00 PM - 1:30 PM = We went souvenir shopping on Main Street! And we dropped off our stuff at the lockers as said above ^^^ !

1:40 PM - 1:50 PM = Entered the Park to go on the rides! My fiancee wanted to go to Tomorrowland first so we did!

2:00 PM - 2:30 PM = Got the FP for Space Mountain, then went on Autopia (15 mins wait) and checked out Star Wars Launch Bay (we played with LEGOS)!

2:40 PM - 3:00 PM = Went onto the Astro Orbitor (20 mins wait) and finally got to go onto Space Mountain!

3:10 PM - 3:40 PM = Went onto Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage (15 mins wait) and checked out ToonTown since that is my childhood favorite! We even rode Gadget's Go Coaster (15 mins wait)!

3:50 PM - 4:30 PM = Waited nearly an HOUR for Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin ride (40-45 mins wait)! Geez!

4:40 PM - 5:00 PM = Walked through Fantasyland briefly!

5:10 PM - 5:30 PM = Got the FP for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! Got some Frozen Banana treats at Fruit Cart Market place! mm~!

5:40 PM - 6:00 PM = Went onto the Haunted Mansion ride (25-30 mins wait) and walked through Adventureland briefly!

6:10 PM - 6:30 PM = Went onto Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! Got the FP for Matterhorn Bobsleds (I wanted to go on this ride when it got dark)! 

6:40 PM - 7:00 PM = Walked through Frontierland briefly and got some snacks at the Main Street Food Carts! Watched the Main Street Parade for a bit!

7:10 PM -7:40 PM = Rode the Matterhorn Bobsleds! And waited for Indiana Jones Adventure ride (25-30 mins wait)!

7:50 PM - 8:00 PM = Got some quick dinner from the Red Cart near the Plaza Inn on Main Street (corn dogs and chips and a drink!)

8:10 PM - 8:30 PM = Picked up our things from the lockers and relaxed at Main Street Cinema and watched some old fashioned cartoons!\

8:40 PM - 9:00 PM = Left the Park! Thank you DisneyLand!

Basically to summarize, try and plan out your trip and take advantage of your FASTPASS

Although we didn't get to go on ALL the rides, my fiancee says he really enjoyed being at Disneyland for the short time we had there! We hope to have our Honeymoon at DisneyWorld since I have never been so it would be a new experience for the both of us! And we plan on taking at least a week to visit all Four Parks in their entirety!

But most importantly out of this, just try to have FUN!

Let me know in the comments if you have any tips of your own and/or let me know about your experiences at the DisneyLand and/or DisneyWorld park! See you guys in Discord and the Minecraft Servers!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ScanWorks said:

Hello @GhostyBunnie243!

Amazing tips! So detailed and it will help a lot of Guests who are going in real life to Disneyland.

Yeah, I'm hoping this will help other people because this is the kind of stuff I didn't know until I did it my self haha!

16 hours ago, zacharym1422 said:

I’ll be visiting in DLR in June for the first time in a while! Thank you for the plan!

Awesome! I hope you have fun! Try to stay hydrated and wear sunscreeen if your skin is sensitive!

• Like 1

This is an awesome guide to the park! I love reading how people spend their day at Disney - thanks for all the useful tips!

Pink~

• Like 1

Nice way to give the info out to some newer people to the Disney Parks. Some of the rides that you picked out are some of my favorite rides! Great Selection! 

• Like 1

On 5/28/2018 at 8:36 AM, Pink_RoseBud said:

This is an awesome guide to the park! I love reading how people spend their day at Disney - thanks for all the useful tips!

Pink~

Thank you! I'm glad that you enjoyed the post!

• Like 1

On 5/28/2018 at 11:12 AM, FutureBloopers said:

Nice way to give the info out to some newer people to the Disney Parks. Some of the rides that you picked out are some of my favorite rides! Great Selection! 

Thank you! I just thought that if some are in a rush like I was, then these would be the most important to make the most of the park!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2018 at 9:07 PM, 789limer said:

Well done! maybe in the future you could do a DCA version? 

please? xD 

I would love to do a DCA version but I unfortunately have only gone once when I was younger. But my fiancee and I do plan on going in the future so I'll be sure to take notes!

• Like 2

On 5/29/2018 at 5:19 PM, Broadwayss said:

Wow, @GhostyBunnie243!

This goes in depth, has a ton of detail and I'm sure this is gonna help anyone who wants to go to Disneyland!

Keep it up ;)

Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed the post!

• Like 1

As a Disneyland fan like myself, I strongly agree with most of these suggestions. Thank you! Have a magical day :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.