Pride Month Read more... ×

I love Disney's Hollywood Studios with all the rides and places to eat. But I was talking to a few people and some people are telling me that the reason Disney's Hollywood Studios was created  so that Disney could compete with USO. After some google looking I found that USO was created June 7, 1990 [27 years ago] And that Disney's Hollywood Studios  was created May 1, 1989 [29 years ago] So as you can see MGM Studios was here first but I think that Disney found out the USO was coming out with a entire Hollywood theme park based of movies. So they did decide to compete and they rushed there park and made MGM studios come out first before USO making it look like USO copied MGM Studios. What do you think happened?

• Like 1

You have it exactly right! One of the Disney executives knew about Universal's plans to build a new park, so Disney rushed MGM-Studios to open it. I don't think Disney wanted it to seem like USO copied them, since it's the opposite, but everything else you said it right! 

Thanks for sharing!