So since Disney World and Disneyland announced that Splash Mountain will be getting a retheme I just wanted to Know everyone’s thoughts on this retheme. I can’t say whether or not I like the new ride since I haven’t been on it. But this ride will probably be one of the better additions to the park (with Pandora, Galaxys Edge, and Test Track)

5E5D268B-9A46-4132-8A0E-0B44F15A032A.jpeg

BDFF0D77-6966-4ED3-800A-E146F62653AE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Coordinator

I'm a not totally opposed to the re-theme. I think PATF is a great movie, but it's sad to see a classic ride go. Especially since it's so iconic for the Disney parks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Palace Network Leadership

Aloha!

I think the concept art for this re-theme looks absolutely gorgeous, and I 100% support the change! Whilst i'm not the biggest fan of frogs (o-o), i'm excited to see Tiana and het story get some more representation in the theme parks. I recognise Splash Mountain and it's theme of the Brer characters is very popular amongst long time Disney fans - I think this new re-theme will be a memory for future Disney fans to come.

I do really like the idea, I just don't think it belongs in Splash Mountain's place. With Big Thunder Mountain almost right next to it, it will seem a bit out of place. I am happy to see a Splash Mountain re-theme though, as I know a lot of people have always asked for it. It just seems a bit rushed on my front, and from EPCOT's poor disaster (Journey into YOUR Imagination) I really hope they have been working on this for a year and aren't just saying that to comfort us.

Pick up litter, save a life.

-DaddyGeesh

There'alwaybeerainbohanginoverhead

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, cjhBlook22 said:

I'm worried about the theme not looking correct in frontierland. BTM will be the next to go just because it doesn't fit with SplM next to it.

Not that my opinion matters.

Same, but I am excited to see it anyway. 

• Like 1

I personally am a big fan of SPLM, so i’m definitely sad to see a classic favorite go, but the concept art looks really great in my opinion. I’m excited to see what’s to come and what new things it will offer!

I also do personally agree with others as far as the theming of PATF vs. the theming of the surrounding area, but we’ll just have to wait and see how it turns out!

• 2 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.