USO News - August 1st, 2020

• Palace Network Staff
Posted (edited)

Heyo! This is Utopia with the first official instalment of USO News!

Just yesterday, Universal announced the indefinite closure of 6 attractions at their Orlando resort in a move that aims to cut costs and allow them to focus on their “marquee” offerings. The attractions affected are:

• A Day in the Park with Barney
  • Fear Factor Live
  • Fast & Furious: Supercharged
  • Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl
  • Poseidon’s Fury
  • Storm Force Accelatron

The closures begin on August 9th and the Cast Members currently working at these attractions will reportedly be transferred to the other operating attractions across the resort.

While some of these don’t come as much of a surprise (e.g. Fear Factor Live has been closed and adapted into a “U-Rest Area” since the parks reopened), one in particular caught the eye of many theme park fans...

That’s right: Fast and Furious: Supercharged, the infamous attraction considered to be one of Universal's worst, is finally closing after 2 years. The ride has been met with waves upon waves of backlash since its opening, and rightfully so: I made the mistake of riding it during my visit to the parks last year, and yes, it really is that bad. It’s currently unknown if any of the affected attractions will reopen in the future.

In other news, the Halloween Horror Nights Tribute Store opened its doors at Universal Studios Florida on Tuesday, despite this year’s event being unfortunately cancelled. The store, which operates for a few months yearly, sells various merchandise from HHN events past and present, and traditionally serves as a method of getting the fans hyped for the upcoming event. And while HHN may be cancelled in the real parks, a little birdie told me that it will indeed be returning to Palace this year, bigger and better than ever ;)

Finally, Universal have announced that they’ll be holding another press conference this morning. What exactly will be discussed is unknown, and therefore the rumor mill has fired up once again. Today also marks 1 year since the announcement of Epic Universe, the 4th theme park in the Orlando resort, so there’s the possibility that we could hear more info about the project. Check back here tomorrow for a full summary of the announcements and more!

Anyway, that's about it for the first instalment of USO News. Be sure to check back every day for more news and announcements from the Universal Orlando Resort! :D

Edited by UtopiaPlays
Made some minor edits
  • Like 3
  • Palace Network Leadership

I'm so sad to see Barney go! It was one of my favourite memories of USO as a kid (we were big Barney fans in my house) - can't wait for more news in the future Utopia! 💖

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.