Palace Daily News: August 10, 2020

• Trainee

Goooood Afternoon Palace Peeps! This is sofieremix back from a weekend off with your Daily Palace News. And yes, this is a super long one, so make sure to check it out on the Forums!! This past weekend the lovely @heavenest put on one of the most popular Palace Events of the year - Cinderella’s Royal Dinner. While I unfortunately could not attend, our fashion journalists were feverishly taking note of the many ballgowns and suits. While all were unique, our biggest trend noticed were indeed outfits with hints of blue, to match that of Cinderella’s. The event also featured amazing food, a carousel, many rounds of Fairy Godmother says, and visits from the exquisite Cinderella and Lady Tremaine. I am still so sad that I had to miss this event, but I applaud heaven so much for her amazing efforts!! In other Palace News, the British Grand Prix celebrated its 70th Anniversary. Our very own @BobRosscoe and the Speedway sponsors @Becks322, @Disneyland1955, and @WILLINGWINGS81 held a race on the Speedway in honor of the anniversary. Don’t worry if you were unable to attend their big race! The speedway is always open for new racers in the Magic Kingdom! Start your engines! And may the best player, win! In some character news, a character palooza was held featuring so many fan favorites. Returning characters included Spongebob, Buzz Lightyear, Bo Peep, Meg, and Obi Wan. The event also featured the debut of Ian and Barley. We were so happy to meet all these new characters and don’t worry! If you haven’t met them yet, you will soon!! In some Disney news, the release date for Hulu’s “Animaniacs” series was finally released. 22 years ago, one of the best non-action animated series came to an end. Animaniacs, following the adventures of Warner brothers Wakko and Yakko, and the Warner sister Dot, the series was an excellent companion to the classic Looney Tunes cartoons we all grew up with. Now, the series is coming back, but to the Hulu streaming service. Arriving on Friday, November 20, Amblin Television and Warner Bros. Animation are bringing back the cartoon siblings for 13 episodes. Additionally, Pinky and the Brain will also be a part of the new Animaniacs series. As a fan of the original series, I am beyond excited for this revival and highly recommend checking it out! 

And finally, let’s get to today’s motivation! Today’s theme is “It’s Okay”. I know a lot of you are very stressed out right now. Between character applications and school starting, there is a lot going on in our lives. So, I want everyone reading this line right now (yes, I’m talking to you) to do a short breathing exercise with me: Sit up straight in your chair. Pull your shoulders back and feel your spine lengthen. And when I start counting, I want you to take a deep breath in through your nose and count to ten with me. Ready? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. Hold that breath up there for 10 seconds (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10). And slowly let that breath out through your mouth counting down from 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Now, repeat that breathing exercise twice more. You might be confused how this helps. Trust see, when you are stressed out and nervous, taking 3 breaths can help clear your mind and help you regain your mental stability. It clears your thoughts and lets you see your problems from an entirely new perspective. If this doesn’t work for you, you can always repeat positive affirmations in your head. You all know my personal favorite is “I must have faith. I must have trust. And I must always have pixie dust,” but feel free to make your own and share with the group the ones that help you. The world is a scary place and it will get scarier as you get older, but we all will be here. We are your escape from the outside world and we are always here to support you and lift you up. You all know that being negative and bringing yourself down won’t help yourselves nor others who are equally as stressed. Listen to the honesty in my voice - regardless of how many apps there are, you all did something brave and incredible. So, today, take time to push away the stress and relax before the weekend. You are almost there and you earned it. I love you all, to infinity and beyond.

Oh, you didn’t think I forgot the parody song of the day, did you? Though today, I’m not going to parody it. Here is a Disney song that always helps me when I’m feeling down.

Now is the time.

Now is the best time.

Now is the best time of your life.

Life is a prize, live every minute.

Open your eyes and watch how you win it!

Yesterday's memories may sparkle and gleam,

Tomorrow is still but a dream.

Right here and now,

You've got it made.

The world's forward marching and you're in the parade!

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.