Palace Daily News: September 4, 2020

• Trainee

@sofieremix : Don’t you think it’s just all very…odd. I mean I’ve heard of people claiming that they were normal and boring, but that just seems impossible because…no one can simply be normal. So yes, I think it’s very odd that Mr. and Mrs. Dursley of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much.

@AirMan787 : That’s true, especially since, not for the first time, an argument had just broken out over breakfast this morning at number four, Privet Drive.

@DecentDorito : And come on, have you seen the family that lives there? I mean they are gone now but Harry Potter was a highly unusual boy in many ways.

@baifelicia : I mean it can’t be as bad as that family in Little Hangleton. The villagers of Little Hangleton still call it 'the Riddle House,' even though its been many years since the Riddle family has lived there.

@SweetHoneyTea_ : Well Privet Drive is still too weird to be normal. I mean, just look at today, the hottest day of the summer so far was drawing to a close and a drowsy silence lay over the large, square houses of Privet Drive. 

@baifelicia : See, this is why I stay in the city and avoid these small suburbs. It is perfectly normal there. Why just tonight, it was nearing midnight and the Prime Minister was sitting along in his office, reading a long memo that was slipping through his brain without leaving the slightest trace of meaning behind.

@AirMan787 : So then why are we all gathering here talking about the strange history behind Privet Drive?

@SweetHoneyTea_ : Because tonight, for the first time in a very long time, two men appeared out of nowhere, a few yards apart in the narrow, moonlit lane. 

@DecentDorito : But the scar has not pained Harry for 19 years. All was and is well.

@sofieremix : Yes, but as we approach this haunted hallows once again, it’s time to celebrate the most magical story of all time.

Greetings Palace Witches and Wizards! It is I, your head girl, sofieremix, here to wish you a very late Welcome back to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry! I assume you all have received your school letters and have been ready to begin classes since September 1. Now, let’s start with a brief history lesson. Did you know that Halloween is actually a very important date for the Harry Potter universe? Halloween normally is the occurrence of many major moments in Harry Potter history that are both tragic and exciting. Some of these events include the death of Lily and James Potter, Sirius Black breaking into Hogwarts, the day the Chamber of Secrets opened, the day Harry was picked for the Triwizard Tournament, and, my favorite, the day that Harry, Ron, and Hermione officially became a trio of friends. 

Moreover, the Deathly Hallows also have a connection to Halloween. Funny that the Deathly Hallows share half their name with Hallowe’en, too. In the wizarding world, ‘Hallows’ are known as three enchanted and hugely powerful objects that can unite to ‘conquer Death’. At one point or another, Harry has temporarily possessed all three of them. Seeing as the Muggle holiday celebrates the supernatural and the unknown, how fitting that the Hallows should be so-named in such a familiar way, and that Harry Potter of all people should be so intimately connected to both. Spooky.

Now, because this is a very Harry Potter themed day, our daily motivation is one of the many lessons we have learned from this incredible universe: The Power of Friendship. An unlikely trio to begin with, Harry, Ron and Hermione proved time and time again that real friendship forges an unbreakable bond. Together they managed to face Dementors and Death Eaters, Dolores Umbridge and Horcruxes. Not to mention the truly horrifying pitfalls of teenage life: relationship problems, jealousy and school exams. With true friends it doesn’t matter if you argue over a possibly-jinxed new broomstick or accidentally swallow a love potion because at the end of the day, they’ll always have your back. Sure, a friend will help you out of a predicament (like Lupin did when Snape caught Harry with the Marauder’s Map), but a true best friend will be right there in the thick of it. Any time Harry found himself in a troubling situation, Ron and Hermione faced it with him. I mean, think about it. Can you imagine facing a whomping willow, three-headed dog, and life-size lethal chess set without your best friends? My guess is no. We all can learn a thing or two from this infamous trio, and we can use them as an example with our own friends. How can you help out a friend today? This could be by opening up to them or by offering advice. No matter what, friends are important and can help you out even in the trickiest of situations (aka those spiders - ick). Now go out and have a magical day :). 

• Like 2
  • Trainee

Yess!! I love Harry Potter and this is just amazing honestly! What was said about the power of friendship is not only true between Harry, Ron and Hermione, but it is with our friends too! Lovely news update as per usual 💖

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.