Palace Daily News: September 7, 2020

Trick or Treat! That’s what all the kids say, every single time they pass this house. It’s Halloween, but I don’t know why we don’t ever put out candy. It’s not fair, I want kids to come to my house too and be excited for Halloween.

Somebody’s coming.

Come on, Sophie, You know nobody ever comes here on Halloween.

Well, looks like they were completely wrong, since Grandma Aggie swept her way in only a few minutes later. Hello Palace Mortals! It is I, your host sofieremix, back with another magical Palace Daily News! This week, we are going to be posting facts about your favorite Halloween movies, including the Disney classics Halloweentown, Hocus Pocus, Haunted Mansion, etcetera! Let us know what Halloween movies you want to see covered this week! Let’s start out with a little tribute to the late Debby Reynolds. Debbie Reynolds, aka Aggie Cromwell, used to introduce herself as "Princess Leia's mother" to people on set. If you didn't already know, Debbie Reynolds was the mother of Carrie Fisher, who famously played Princess Leia in the Star Wars films. She also tried to be as helpful as possible to everyone around her and used to try and move ladders around for the crew. For her safety, they would say, "No, no, Ms. Reynolds!" Kimberly, who played Marnie, said, "She just wanted everybody to shine as bright as they could and the movie to be the best thing possible." 

debbie reynolds marnie piper GIF

In fact, Aggie and Marnie's infamous broom flying scene was the very last scene that was shot before the film wrapped. The scene is about 52 seconds long in the film, but in reality took hours to shoot. It was shot by using a broom propped up on a stool-like pole, with a blue screen surrounding it. Both actors had to climb a ladder to reach the broom. When it came to spells, most of them spells were actually in Welsh and very difficult to memorize. The cast was given an audiotape of the spell to memorize it, but Debbie took it upon herself to write the spell down phonetically on her notepad and share that with the rest of the cast. The cast misses her dearly and many of us know her and Carrie have moved on to a better place. May they Rest In Peace. 

debbie reynolds witch GIF

And now, it’s time for some DAILY MOTIVATION!! Today’s theme is “Take Time to Rest”. We all need vacations sometimes. I know many of you often feel stressed and think that rest is a bad thing. Many of us perceive work as a good thing and that we shouldn’t be lazy or slack off. For a while, I thought that not doing school work every day of the week was a bad thing. But, those days we take to rest are healthy and can be some of the greatest times ever. And not doing work doesn’t mean you have to lie in bed all day and do nothing. Be like @pinkiness and go into the mountains or maybe catch up with friends you haven’t spoken to in a minute (per covid rules remember). Just remember, as this school year starts up, your mental health is important and it is harder to take necessary breaks while at online school. Make sure you work in time every day to relax and let your brain heal as it should. Love you all!

• Like 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.