Palace Daily News: September 10, 2020

• Trainee

PSSSST, hey, hey Tony. Do you hear the dogs? Tony, we’ve got to get out of here, before it’s too late, please.

Welcome back my Palace Witches to the Haunted Daily News. I’m your host, sofieremix, here with some more halloween movie facts. Today, we are focusing on one of my favorite Disney movies ever, the 1975 version of “Escape to Witch Mountain”. As I assume many of you don’t know the plot, the movie focuses on two children who have magical powers, escaping the home of a rich man who wants to use them as weapons, trying to find their way back home. Some of you may know the 2009 version Disney did, but the original version, in my opinion, is much better. Let’s get into it!!

d706656f664ea4b8d70db1673fb7a625.gif.30ac337faeb93e56abb325a660de93bc.gif

This movie was first made because Disney was looking to reinvent itself after the death of founder Walt, and wanted this movie to be dark and edgy. Did you know Kim Richards and Ike Eisenmann, who play the children in this movie and in Return from Witch Mountain (1978), appeared in a scene in Race to Witch Mountain (2009)? Eisenmann is "Sheriff Antony" in the bar, and Richards is "Tina" the waitress. In this movie and its 1978 sequel, their names were similar: "Tony" and "Tia", respectively. At one point during the fight scene between Tony and Truck, Dermott Downs punched the bat so hard, it hit Ike Eisenmann. In some scenes, despite the make-up department's best efforts, you can see a greenish bruise under his left eye. The rarest piece of merchandising for this movie is the "Witch Mountain Flyer", a Frisbee adorned with the movie's title and an image of a spaceship. The name of the mysterious item that Tia carried around, which contained a map, was a "star case". Tia's star case, which housed the map to Witch Mountain, had an additional purpose in the novel. In Key's novel, Tia was mute (but communicated telepathically with Tony) and carried pencils and paper in the star case to write notes to people. Finally, despite many debates, some people argue there are hidden Mickey’s within the movie, as the movie does contain references to Disney. In one scene, Tony and Tia go on an outing to see the movie Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937).

image.png.5d9bce8acc2c2ac0e4a6d6939f77fe31.png

image.png.6ad9a461c7afd414a1c500baaa487778.png

And now, let’s shift to today’s daily motivation. Today’s theme is “Defining You”. Defining yourself is a highly personal process, and no method of defining yourself is “wrong.” You must decide what method of self-description works best for you. Know yourself. Self-knowledge, particularly non-judgemental self knowledge, is an incredibly important skill to help you define yourself. You'll need to understand what makes you tick and what your thought processes are before you can define who you are as a person. We spend so much of our lives living by what is defined as normal, and pass judgment on ourselves and others based on this—whether we try to be normal, determine that we are better than normal, or condemn ourselves as worse than normal. In my personal opinion, there is no such thing as normal. You are all unique and wonderful when you are you! It is the most confident you that we love and are happy to see on here every day. So today, find ways to show off the most confident version of you. Even if you are struggling to figure out what that version of you is, take time today to think about it. We are here to support and care for you no matter how you define yourself and we will support you even if you change that definition! Be free in yourself and love yourself because you are amazing!!

Love Yourself GIF by Chippy the Dog

• Like 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.