Disney Halloween Facts Day Twenty Nine!!

• Palace Network Staff

Disney Halloween Facts

Day Twenty Nine!

Come here everyday for a new spooky Disney fact as we count down to Halloween!!

(Yes we are jumping to 29 because I forgot days 26-28 sorry!)

canada lol GIF

Greetings creepy palace peeps!! Welcome back to Disney Halloween Facts with me, sofieology!! Today, let's dive into one of my favorite creepy movies - Clue! For those who do not know the movie, based on the popular board game, this comedy begins at a dinner party hosted by Mr. Boddy, where he admits to blackmailing his visitors. These guests, who have been given aliases, are Mrs. Peacock, Miss Scarlet, Mr. Green, professor Plum, Mrs. White, and Col. Mustard. When Boddy turns up murdered, all are suspects, and together they try to figure out who is the killer.

(P.S. If you didn't notice in that gif above, the man holding the broom is actually Tim Curry - the star of other famous Halloween movies It and the Rocky Horror Picture Show!!)

tim curry smile GIF

Boasting an all-star cast (albeit not quite plucked from the A-list) and based on a board game (a notion that, at the time, appalled cultural tastemakers), Clue boasted multiple endings that played in different venues, allowing moviegoers to choose from outcomes “A,” “B”, or “C” (a unique gimmick, to be sure, but tellingly not one that any other film replicated since). And this is still true!! If you rent the movie, make sure you check out the other versions, as each movie takes a different path and has a different ending! Did you know Carrie Fisher was originally in the film? In the film’s original cast, its biggest star was Carrie Fisher. Days before she was supposed to show up for rehearsals, though, Fisher was unwell and couldn't commit. At the time, Lynn and Fisher both hoped she could work out a schedule that would allow her to receive treatment and do the film at the same time, but Clue’s insurers were having none of that, so the role of Miss Scarlet went to Lesley Ann Warren instead. 

madeline kahn flames GIF

Madeline Kahn entirely improvised her famous “Flames on the side of my face!” meltdown. It appears only in Clue’s “C” ending, meaning that two-thirds of the movie’s original ticket-buyers didn’t get to see it.

clue movie GIF

Finally, here's a cool car fact - all the characters had cars that matched their names! Each of the main characters’ classic cars reflects the color given in their name. So when we first see Miss Scarlet, she’s by the side of the road next to a red car, then Professor Plum gets a plum-colored car, Colonel Mustard’s car is yellow, Mrs. Peacock’s is blue, and so on.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.