Disney Halloween Facts Day Twenty Nine!!

• Palace Network Staff

Disney Halloween Facts

Day Twenty Nine!

Come here everyday for a new spooky Disney fact as we count down to Halloween!!

(Wow we are 1 month in!!)

scooby doo GIF

Like Zoinks! Looks like its time for some spooky facts, ha ha! Raggy, roogy racts! 

Yes, shaggy and scooby, let's get into some cool facts about Scooby Doo! For this post, we will be focusing on the television series, I'll talk about the movies in another post. Let's solve the mystery, gang!

Scooby Doo GIF by MOODMAN

Do you know where Scooby Doo's name came from? Scooby Doo's name actually came from Frank Sinatra's "Stranger in the Night". Silverman told Emmy TV Legends how he was on a red eye flight to L.A. and couldn’t sleep. CBS had just rejected his idea of a group of teens and a dog trying to solve mysteries, so he was in the middle of coming up with new ideas. “As we’re landing, Frank Sinatra comes on [the PA], and I hear him say, ‘Scooby-doo-be-doo.’ [Note: Sinatra actually says “doobie,” not “Scooby.”] I said, that’s it—we’ll call it Scooby-Doo.”

Cartoon Motorcycle GIF by Scooby-Doo

Did you know the same person has voiced Fred for almost every version of the show? Legendary voice actor Frank Welker has more than 850 acting credits on his IMDb page, but at 23 years old he received his first voice acting gig as the ascot-wearing Fred Jones. “I could barely read the copy and didn’t know which end of the mike was electrified, which explains why shock therapy has no effect on me,” Welker told Verbicide magazine in 2006. “Joe Barbera was fantastic and really gave me a chance; he would give me the opportunity to read for all the characters, not just Freddy, and that really opened things up for me.” Welker has voiced Fred in every Scooby series except A Pup Named Scooby Doo, and he’s provided Scooby’s voice since 2002.

Dog Hug GIF by Scooby-Doo

We all know Scrappy Doo but Scooby is actually a triplet! His identical siblings are Skippy-Doo and Dooby-Doo. Also, a cool TV fun fact, this was actually the first TV series to ever use a laugh track! 

Cartoon Monster GIF by Scooby-Doo

Scooby doo is actually regarded as the 5th greatest cartoon of all time! Yet, it has only ever been nominated for two major awards. Despite its massive success, it has only been nominated for two major awards. One for a Daytime Emmy in 1990 for ‘A Pup Named Scooby-Doo’ and another in 2003 for the voice of Velma, Mindy Cohn, for outstanding performance in An Animated Program.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.