Seasons GReetings... Get it? Family Traditions!

• ScanWorks locked and unlocked this topic
  • Palace Network Leadership

My favorite family tradition is we all go and pick up Italian pastries on Christmas Eve and always snack on them with some hot cocoa in the morning. I always loveeee the multi-colored Italian cake-bread type things that are white, green, and red ❤️

• Palace Network Staff

Mine takes a bit of explanation. So I come from a german family and now have mainly transitioned over to their traditions. Traditionally on Christmas eve we would have HamHocks, Sausages, Sauerkraut, mash potatoes, and Salad. Before i was about 15 or 16 we would then have cookies and stuff on christmas eve and open presents on christmas morning. But now that i'm old enough we've transitioned over to opening presents on christmas eve. that follows are more germanic thing of the family has christmas eve dinner, and goes for a walk after it and while they walk Santa comes so following that. 

• Like 1
  • Palace Network Staff

My favorite Christmas tradition would have to be opening the stockings at night - when all is said and done or coming down the stairs to see the tree with a bunch of presents underneath. 🎁

• Like 1
  • Palace Network Leadership

For Christmas Eve we usually go downtown on the 23rd of December and then stay overnight until the 24th of December. On Christmas Eve, we usually eat at the big Macy's downtown under a big Christmas tree they have and then we go to my grandparents house for dinner. With what's going on now though, we can't do that this year. For Christmas, we usually get up early in the morning and open presents. After that, some of my family comes over and we have breakfast and dinner with them! 

• Like 1
  • Media Team

i have a few!! one of them is decorating the yule log, and the other is taking out a big blanket in the living room and watching movies and stuff and sometimes playing video games and playing board games and stuff while it's snowing or something outside ^__^

• Coordinator

Hmmm one of my favorite traditions is going to my grandparents house on Christmas Eve with my cousins. We do that every year and it's something I always look forward to during the holiday season!

• Coordinator

So my favorite tradition with my family is our troublesome Christmas elves. We have two wooden elf statues that we have had for years and as kids we started a tradition that they were troublesome. So every Christmas, we move them throughout my house and we toilet paper the area they are in. It’s a twist on Elf on the Shelf but it always is fun to join in. 

Outside of that, my family’s big tradition is our Christmas Eve party. I normally like Christmas the most out of every holiday because it’s the one time my whole family gets together, since normally I’m either with my dads side or moms side on other holidays. It’s the one time of year every single member of my immediate family joins together to eat, laugh, open gifts, and have a good time. It’s honestly going to be pretty sad this year because no one is going to be there. We normally go all out too. It’s still going to be a fun Christmas, but the lack of my family joining us has put somewhat diminished the joy of the holiday this year. Regardless, I’m happy we can still try and celebrate together over Zoom.

• Like 1
  • Palace Network Staff

One of my traditions is having a Christmas-film-marathon with my family! We tend to stay up a couple of hours for the next few days to watch classic holiday films such as Home Alone, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and many more! 💞🎄

• Like 1
  • Trainee

My favorite tradition is for sure Christmas Day in a whole. We get to start off by greeting eachother at the door, (sadly only my brother is coming this year) eating pancakes and cranberries for breakfast, and then heading to the basement to open our stockings!! Once our stockings are done we head to the tree to open Christmas presents which my mother and I designed so that you must answer a clue before you open it! It is a brief explanation about what the gift is and if you get it right you can open it, but if you get it wrong you have to wait for it till the end! After presents, it’s usually 4pm. It’s dinner time! We have turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, turnip, cranberries, bread, sweet potato. It’s all great! At the end, we try all of our new gifts out! 

• Palace Network Staff

On Christmas Eve usually we have a huge party at my cousin’s house, we eat a lot of food, and there are like 20 desserts. We always do a yankee swap (we all bring one present, and then sit together and everyone picks a random present in some kind of order, then they can choose if they want to take someone else’s present instead) and we watch a Santa tracker. My cousins and I like to go in the basement where there are a ton of games, it’s really fun!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.