Palace Speakers - PupThunder Interview

• Coordinator

"Hello everyone! I am PupThunder, one of the Staff Relations Coordinators. My role entitles assisting in the Onboarding Process of new Trainees by preparing the Trainees to become successful Staff members and to hopefully accomplish the promotion of the Cast Member role. I’ve been a part of the Staff team for almost a year, but was on the Staff team during MCMagic, from May 2015 - February 2017."

Question: How did you hear about Palace (MCMagic) and why did you decide to stay?
Answer: One day I was scrolling through Youtube and I noticed a video about Disney World in Minecraft. I watched the video and was very impressed. I was then interested to learn more about MCMagic, eventually becoming The Palace Network. Over the years, I was able to join the MCMagic Staff team back on May 2nd, 2015, but decided to depart in February 2017 to deal with real life matters. After a few years, I returned as a Palace Network Guide in April 2020, eventually becoming a part of The Palace Network Staff Team in about a month. Palace (MCMagic) has been a part of my life for almost seven years and will continue to be part of me.

Question: What motivates you to come on to the Palace Network?
Answer: Lots of guests connect to the server every day. As a former Cast Member (2015 - 2017) and Cast Member, the Guests truly make up the magic! I’ve always enjoyed helping, having fun or making a conversation with the lovely guests. Let’s not forget our amazing Staff members too! The Staff members are wonderful people and I'm glad I am able to work with them. Every single person who joins this server is an incredible person and I am proud to see everyone grow and learn on this server. As you all know, I work in the Staff Relations department. I put all of my time and effort to bring results to Guests and Staff members. As I work in this department, I know I am working for everyone, which I take a lot of pride in being a role model for the team.

Question: What steps have you taken, to get to your current role on the staff team? 
Answer: Back when I joined the server on December 6th, 2013, I had no clue what I was doing. I stayed and eventually I gained the confidence to join the MCMagic Staff team. I started out by helping in the chat, getting my voice heard. Knowing I was helping out the Guests, I knew I was doing something right. I applied a couple of times trying to join the team, but unfortunately I was denied. However, that didn’t stop me. I kept improving and working hard to get to my goal. As time passed, on May 2nd, 2015, MCMagic announced I was one of the following selected as an Intern (Trainee). After my training, I received my rank and was very excited! I knew my next step was to work to receive my Cast Member rank. On June 20th, 2016, I finally obtained my Cast Member role. I worked very hard day and night for this role and was very committed.

Unfortunately, during February 2017, I had to step down from the Staff team to take care of my personal life. However, I knew that someday I would return. Sooner than later, I did return to the server. Everything was different and I knew I wanted to be back on the Staff team. First, I came back as a Palace Network Guide on April 10th, 2020. I worked hard as a Guide, by coming on everyday and interacting with the Guests. Eventually, becoming a Trainee on May 18th, 2020. Coming back to the Staff team was one of the best feelings I ever had. Especially becoming a Moderator on June 10th, 2020. Subsequently, I worked my way up into becoming a Staff Relations Coordinator. I am very pleased to be working in the Staff Relations department, alongside CamShea and JackThePotato!

I am proud to be where I’m currently at on The Palace Network Staff team. I look forward to what the future holds, not only for myself, but my current and potentially future colleagues.

Question: What is one important lesson that the Staff team has taught you? 
Answer: Both, The MCMagic and Palace Staff Team have been a huge influence through my teenage years. The adult I am today wouldn’t be who I am without the learning and growing I've done throughout my time spent on this server. I’ve acquired better communication and trusting skills among both Guests and Staff members. This Staff Team has gotten me to open up and face my fears of being shy. Which is why today I am able to talk and work with other Staff members on this team. I was able to find some of my very close, best friends on this server and I am truly thankful for that.

Question: What advice would you give to a guest who is thinking about joining the Staff Team? 
Answer: Anyone who is committed to Palace and is a very hard worker has the potential to become a part of the Staff team. You can do anything you want, but nothing is free in this world. You have to work and prove to everyone else that you are right for the role. Most dreams don’t come true on their own, You have to make them true. It takes a lot of work, not easy. However, it’s not impossible either, so keep working hard and I'm sure you will be successful, even if not on the first try!

Question: What’s the best part of The Palace Network? 
Answer: The Palace Network is one of the best servers I’ve ever joined. Both the Guests and Staff members are the main reason that I connect to this server, almost everyday. Without them, I probably would’ve never joined the Staff team in the first place. 

"I appreciate those who read my entire inspirational message. I enjoy being on the Staff team very much. If anyone currently, or in the future becomes a part of the team, I’m sure you will feel the same as well. If you have made it this far, you are amazing and never change for anyone."

-PupThunder

• Like 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.