ArialBlade

Have an idea, but I know it’s costly

I’ve reccently found out that Minecraft for mobile, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, and all PC versions have finally now been cross-play (meaning cross platform yay! More friends can play!). Yet I thought of why not having The Palace Network for the consoles and mobile, for on the go or those you don’t have the pc versions? Brings in more visitors plus one of my buddies was in love how MCMagic looks and wanted to walk around on a Switch server yet saddened to know that it’s unavailable, same goes for mobile.

Yet there is a flaw, there’s only a pc version of the server, I know it would take so much time and money away but it might be a good project idea, more players or players who have a mobile or switch version can play on the go. Just an idea, thank you and have a magical day!

7 hours ago, ArialBlade said:

I’ve reccently found out that Minecraft for mobile, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, and all PC versions have finally now been cross-play (meaning cross platform yay! More friends can play!). Yet I thought of why not having The Palace Network for the consoles and mobile, for on the go or those you don’t have the pc versions? Brings in more visitors plus one of my buddies was in love how MCMagic looks and wanted to walk around on a Switch server yet saddened to know that it’s unavailable, same goes for mobile.

Yet there is a flaw, there’s only a pc version of the server, I know it would take so much time and money away but it might be a good project idea, more players or players who have a mobile or switch version can play on the go. Just an idea, thank you and have a magical day!

This could be possible, but (staff correct me if I'm wrong) Palace is exclusively built on the JAVA version of minecraft which doesn't support the cross play. So they'd have to rebuild everything, or if possible transfer it to windows 10 version, then you encounter the next problem, (Again Staff correct me if I'm wrong) the parade(s) on palace uses redstone, which on windows 10 doesn't work the same as on the Java version.

Still it is a great idea

• Like 1

The Better Together Update was made for Bedrock Editions ONLY: Windows 10, PE, Wii U, Xbox One and 360, and Switch.

Java (which is PC version) is the one you play. so sadly unless World Edit is a thing on bedrock edition then this idea wouldn't work. also, i didn't think The Console versions had Servers :shrug:

It would work... if it was Windows 10 and PE...

• Like 1

Plus most (if not all) of the magic that makes the server what it is (like rides and shows) was made through JavaScript. 

Hello @ArialBlade!

There is no plan for that to move it to other consoles and MCPE just because we build a lot our server on PC.

• Like 1

@cjh66

didnt think of that, I thought the bedrock update did include java. Dang Mojang needs to get in this ASAP because I know that it’s a little unfair to some to still use java edition...