Sign in to follow this  
Xefraccil

The Highway in the Sky

Hey, Everyone!

So, as many of you know, when I’m not working on things on the WDW server (probably the Monorails), I work as a Monorail Pilot at the real WDW. (No wonder I wanted to work on the Monorails for the server right? Who would have guessed?:P)

Many of you know that we have 12 lovely trains in our fleet, and each of them have a different color! Don’t remember them all? Well, let me help you out! You can see the image, but I’ll list them for you as well: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Black, Silver, Gold, Coral, Lime, Teal, Peach. The last two are the two lovelies that unfortunately had to be retired, Pink and Purple.

3FFC1298-ED81-47B2-A607-FACA4C25CC33.thumb.png.9f3fddfc463f5ecc1072b1bc9dabd4f7.png

All these in mind, this is my question to you all: Which Monorail is your Favorite? Listing it is simple enough, but tell me a story if you had a really good experience or if it’s just your favorite one! Let me give you my example to start:

My all time favorite is Monorail Purple. Purple is my favorite color and I can remember riding on Purple in the Early 2000’s before it had to go away. Now that Purple is gone, my top choice is definitely Peach. Why? Well, Peach has an interesting history, if you want to look it up, you may. And also, that’s the train I passed my Driving Assessment in on October 1st, 2016! The day I truly became a Monorail Pilot.

Tell me all about your favorite! I’d love to hear any interesting stories about good Monorail experiences you might have had! 

Stay Magical, Everyone!

Your friendly Monorail Pilot,

Xefraccil

• Like 2

Hello @Xefraccil!

I love the Blue monorail because that's my favorite color. I love all of them though, the narration is the best.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ScanWorks said:

Hello @Xefraccil!

I love the Blue monorail because that's my favorite color. I love all of them though, the narration is the best.

AGREED WITH SCANNY!!!!

• Like 1

@ScanWorks @cjh66

Fun fact: Monorail Blue was the first Official Mark VI Monorail in service on June 10, 1989. Monorail Black was the first Mark VI to test on the beams, but had to be taken off after they found out the body style was a bit too big to fit into the Contemporary. (Oops) Due to the body rework, Black is the longest train at 204 feet while the others are all 203 feet, 6 inches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yellow would have to be my favourite as it was the first one I took from TTC to MK on my first visit to WDW many many years ago

• Like 1

On 7/22/2018 at 10:16 AM, MaelieMoo10 said:

Monorail red!

Red is the Diva of the group. She’s usually on any image or ad that involves a monorail and loves the attention, in turn if things aren’t done “her way” then she’ll get a bit moody.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Xefraccil said:

Red is the Diva of the group. She’s usually on any image or ad that involves a monorail and loves the attention, in turn if things aren’t done “her way” then she’ll get a bit moody.

by being moody do you mean she stops working or just imagination wise moody? xD

@cjh66 She’s thrown a few tantrums here and there. It’s kinda funny, but someone found a lavender hair clip style bow and it was in the cab, so I clipped it to the wires coming into the radio above where the pilot sits, and she’s actually playing nice. I guess she likes it and thinks she’s more beautiful, so she’s behaving for now.

These trains have been around so long, they’ve all developed different personalities. If you work here long enough, you can really tell how hey all behave.

• Haha 1

I would probably say the red monorail. It reminds me the most of Disney, and I really like that monorail, but I do love the blue, yellow, and orange ones. :)

• Like 1