Legobuilder0813

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is in Previews!

Posted (edited)

At long last, Palace's Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is in previews! Not only have we been working on this ride specifically for months, but this ride uses technology we've been developing for over 2 years! We're so happy that we're finally able to show you what we've been working on.

This post will be updated as more players are able to experience the new attraction. For now, previews are limited to Honorable, Majestic, Noble and Dwellers. We will be letting more guests on soon! Since it's a new attraction, we want to slowly grow the amount of players experiencing it.

Before you ride, we want to ask that you report any issues with this ride in the replies to this post. Because this attraction uses new technology, it's still possible that something goes wrong, and we want to make sure we give everyone the best experience possible!

Here is a list of things we're most concerned about working properly:

• Up to 7 players are brought into the elevator shaft and a new 3D-model elevator appears.
  • You can click on seats to sit down, similar to the carousel and teacups. If you don't sit down after the 10 seconds are up, you should automatically be placed in a seat.
  • All scenes have audio; hallway, fifth dimension, drop shaft and the ending.
  • When you're in the exit area, your elevator will disappear and players should receive:
    • $5 in-game money
    • 10 honor points
    • A 'Tower of Terror' ride counter
    • An achievement... I won't say which one!

If any of the above things don't work, tell us below! Also let us know if you experience some other weird issue not listed above. We'll fix those too!

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. We hope you enjoy your stay at the Hollywood Tower Hotel!

Edited by Legobuilder0813
Add Dweller
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, BlueMC_Chic said:

After you pick a seat and press the dismount "shift" key, you are spammed with "Returning true!"

There's a fix for this bug, but it will go out later tonight since there's a party on DHS right now. Thanks for reporting it!

The Returning true spam also happens whilst the ride is ending. Other than that, no issues, excellent sounds, 3d model as well as armor stands!

Overall well done to everyone that took part!

• Like 1

On 8/2/2018 at 3:48 AM, Legobuilder0813 said:

At long last, Palace's Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is in previews! Not only have we been working on this ride specifically for months, but this ride uses technology we've been developing for over 2 years! We're so happy that we're finally able to show you what we've been working on.

This post will be updated as more players are able to experience the new attraction. For now, previews are limited to Honorable, Majestic, Noble and Dwellers. We will be letting more guests on soon! Since it's a new attraction, we want to slowly grow the amount of players experiencing it.

Before you ride, we want to ask that you report any issues with this ride in the replies to this post. Because this attraction uses new technology, it's still possible that something goes wrong, and we want to make sure we give everyone the best experience possible!

Here is a list of things we're most concerned about working properly:

• Up to 7 players are brought into the elevator shaft and a new 3D-model elevator appears.
  • You can click on seats to sit down, similar to the carousel and teacups. If you don't sit down after the 10 seconds are up, you should automatically be placed in a seat.
  • All scenes have audio; hallway, fifth dimension, drop shaft and the ending.
  • When you're in the exit area, your elevator will disappear and players should receive:
    • $5 in-game money
    • 10 honor points
    • A 'Tower of Terror' ride counter
    • An achievement... I won't say which one!

If any of the above things don't work, tell us below! Also let us know if you experience some other weird issue not listed above. We'll fix those too!

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. We hope you enjoy your stay at the Hollywood Tower Hotel!

This ride is amazing. I have noticed that everytime I would leave the server and than ride TOT again. My ride encounter would say that I have ridden only twice. Also sometimes when I get teleported infront of the elevator I am unable to move and pick a seat. Otherwise the ride itself is amazing. Legobuilder, you have outdone yourself on this. Thank you very much

7 hours ago, Danny_US said:

This ride is amazing. I have noticed that everytime I would leave the server and than ride TOT again. My ride encounter would say that I have ridden only twice. Also sometimes when I get teleported infront of the elevator I am unable to move and pick a seat. Otherwise the ride itself is amazing. Legobuilder, you have outdone yourself on this. Thank you very much

I notice the ride counter issue too, it appears to be fixed as of right now though. Also the issue with not being able to sit down should be fixed as well. If either of these problems happen again, please let myself or another staff member know! (And thank you!)