Sign in to follow this  
PalaceNetwork

Trainee Application - Frequently Asked Questions

Trainee Application - Frequently Asked Questions

This guide aims to answer all the questions that you may have about applying for Staff. It does not include tips in writing your application. That information is in the guide found HERE .

If you're looking for a Guide to Ranks, click HERE .

What is a Trainee?

A Trainee on the server is a Staff Member in training. Their role is to help and assist players by answering questions, explaining how to use the server. and acting as a rule enforcer where needed. They are also learning the role of a Moderator and demonstrating they have what is takes to become a member of the Palace Network Staff Team.

What are the requirements to apply for Trainee?

1. You must be at least 13 years old.
  2. You must have access to Discord and a working microphone.
  3. You must be able to commit a minimum of 5 hours a week to the server.
  4. You must not be staff on any other server or network.

How do I become a Trainee?

1. Head over to the Open Applications section of the forums, HERE.
  2. Fill out your application and wait for a response from a member of Management.
  3. If your application is accepted, attend a short interview on Discord with a Manager.
  4. If your interview goes well you'll be invited to join the Staff Team as a Trainee.

Once you're invited to join the Staff Team, you'll be required to attend a Staff Orientation Session before you are promoted. More information on this will be provided if your application is accepted.

How do I apply for Moderator?

You cannot apply directly for Moderator. Moderators are promoted from the Trainee pool once all training sessions have been completed and the Trainee has shown they have the ability to become a Moderator.

Once accepted for Trainee, will I automatically be promoted to Moderator after a set period of time?

Once accepted, trained, and given the Trainee tag, your work ethic and activity will be evaluated by server Admins and Managers. Feedback will be provided if the regulations talked about in Orientation Training aren't being followed or if server activity isn't sufficient. If feedback isn't being taken by a Trainee in order to improve, they will either remain a Trainee longer than the rest of their onboarding group or may be returned to their guest rank and asked to apply again in the future.

How do I apply for Administrator?

The short answer is you can't. Administrators are promoted from our pool of Senior Moderators.

How do I apply for Developer?

Currently, you cannot apply for Developer.

What happens after I post an application? How long does it take to get a response?

Once you have submitted your application it will be reviewed once the application period closes. It can take around 7 days to get a response after that date because of the large number of applications we receive in a single application period. All we ask is that you're patient and do not ask Staff Members to review your application or it may be denied!

Does it matter how many times I have applied and been denied?

You are free to apply as many times as you like, however, we recommend reading through our tips and advice guide, HERE .

If denied, can I reach out to a Staff Member to find out why?

Again, due to the large number of applicants, our Administration and Management teams do not have the time or ability to answer questions from all denied players. Our advice to improve your application can be found HERE .

I have been banned/muted before, will that hurt my chances of becoming a Trainee?

Your reputation on the server can have an impact on your application. As a Trainee, you are in a position of authority, and we expect our potential Staff Members to be setting a good example to fellow Guests and junior Staff Members.

Having said this, we do not instantly deny an application for being banned, muted, kicked, or warned as long as you can show us you have matured since then.

Why was my application denied?

There are many reasons an application may be denied. One of the first things that we look at when viewing an application is the amount of time you spend on the server and discord as well as how much you talk and help guests in our chat. Because one of the huge portions of the Moderator position is keeping chat safe, demonstrating that you've already taken steps to help keep chat and Discord safe as a guest is a huge plus. Other reasons for denial include but are not limited to: using improper grammar/punctuation in the application, previous history of server punishments, or just plain lack of effort and interest shown for the position.

Do you have any tips for applying?

Our useful tips and advice guide can be found, HERE .