Sign in to follow this  
Cassiopeiya

Cinderella: Animated V.S. Live Action

I couldn't help but make this post. To me, I feel like this movie doesn't get enough recognition, since this is what I grew up with. However, as good as the live action version of this movie was, there were some flaws that I kind of wanted to point out.

So, I'll start off with the animated version first. This version will always be my favorite for many reasons. There are some people out there that say Cinderella wanted to go to the ball just to meet the prince, but that is not true. Cinderella was living a tough life with her mean stepsisters and stepmother, and the only friends she had were talking mice and Bruno (if you want to count the birds and farm animals, go ahead). She grew up without a father after he passed on and was forced to do all the housework all her life. Cinderella had no intentions of wanting to meet the prince at first. She wanted to go to the ball because she WANTED to. She simply wanted to get out of the house and live a little. Falling in love with the prince was just something that happened, since she never really experienced what feeling love was like until she met him (hence why the song is called 'So This Is Love'). Her positive outlook on life kept her going, and in the end, she still managed to get her happy ending. Again, the original movie will always be my favorite because of this.

Now for the live action version. I like this version, don't get me wrong, but I personally don't like how they took away the original plot. This Cinderella already meets the prince before the ball was announced, and she already develops feelings for him. At this point, she already has a reason for wanting to go to the ball. She wanted to go because he was there and wanted to get to know him more, which I respect that. I will say that her character compared to the original Cinderella is a little more unique. Even though she is kind to everyone she meets, she is a normal human being just like the rest of us. There were times where she felt like giving up hope because of how she's been treated, despite the amount of kindness she shows them.

Honestly, I think Cinderella doesn't get enough credit. That is my opinion, though.

• Like 2

I’m with you on this one, the animated version holds a special place in my heart and will always be my favorite. However, I agree that the live action version is more unique and is more realistic to everyday life. Cinderella is a fantastic movie overall, and it doesn’t get enough publicity like you said.

• Like 1

I definitely prefer the animated version. In my opinion, the live-action remake didn't follow closely enough to the original. I think one of the reasons why the live-action Beauty and the Beast was so popular is because it followed very closely to the original. I really wish Disney had done this with the Cinderella remake. I'm hoping Disney learned from this and I hope that all the new live-action remakes will follow closely to the plot of the original movies.

• Like 2