What Disney World Expansions are you most excited for ?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As some may know Disney is undergoing many changes before its 50th anniversary on October 1st 2021. These Include the addition of Star Wars land to Hollywood studios following the opening of Toy Story Land and before that a dry period for Hollywood Studios. Epcot is receiving the most updating as almost every ride is getting some sort of update or upgrade to its system. These include new voice tracks in spaceship earth, the seas turning into the marine institute from finding dory and many others. Another major addition is the fact that for the first time Epcot and Hollywood Studios will have a fast and easy transportition between the 2. This will be the gondola system which is set to open in fall 2019 and will connect Caribean beach, Pop and Art of Animation, Rivera Resort (A New DVC resort near Caribbean) and of course Hollywood Studios and Epcot. This may in fact raise the price for some of these resorts as the monorail increases the price for the Contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Flordian. Another Major addition that I myself will be happy about is the tron ride from Shanghai, China which will be coming in summer 2021 and will be the longest iron coaster in the world followed by the one in Shanghai. But with all the changes coming, we have to ask ourselves as Disney fans is this good and befitial to us. The answer is yes and no. As it is always great to get new and fresh content the edition will drive prices up and create new waves of crouds with will increase wait times. But overall I am happy with the overhaul besides some changes in Epcot. In Epcot some rides will be getting "IP-Affied" in a way. Like Imagination with figment, a semi beloved ride based around a beloved character, is becoming a inside out ride which limits the imagineers potential in making new original ideas and creating a ride like "We have never seen the likes of".

Unknown.jpeg

Unknown-1.jpeg

"Another Major addition that I myself will be happy about is the tron ride from Shanghai, China which will be coming in summer 2021 and will be the longest iron coaster in the world followed by the one in Shanghai." I messed up here with auto correct it will not be the longest iron coaster it will be the longest Tron coaster 

I’m very excited about the Epcot overhaul, and Tron coming to the Magic Kingdom! However, I think the gondolas are somewhat unnecessary and the budget could have been placed somewhere else in the parks.

• Like 1

@zacharym1422 Yeah I agree with you, but I wish they would do the same thing to connect Animal Kingdom with another park because its always been so far removed. Tron I am super excited for, but the Epcot overhall I feel like the are just "IP-Affiying" Epcot in some ways.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.