Sign in to follow this  
cjh66

[SPOILERS] Mary Poppins Returns (Thoughts)

Mary Poppins Returns (2018 film poster).png

In 1938, Walt Disney, on behalf of his daughters (Who happened to make him promise them that he will make a movie based off of it) approached P. L. Travers to try and get the film rights to the book series, Mary Poppins. He tried and tried again, and then, slowly but surely, he succeeded in 1961, and Development of Mary Poppins started...

In 1964, The movie was released, and grossed around $102.3 million in the Box Office.

49 years later, in 2013, A Dramatization of Walt's attempts to earn the rights to Mary Poppins was released, Saving Mr. Banks, which grossed around $117.9 million in the Box Office...

54 years after the original movie released...  Mary Poppins Returns released, making it one of the largest gaps between films in movie history!

It takes place 25 years after the original, with Banks children as adults.

I personally LOVED the movie, the music was amazing, the casting was equally epic, and... PARROT UMBRELLA CANE THINGY!!!! And some funny lines here and there.

Honestly the movie was a little bit scary at one point... I was like, properly on the edge of my seat... Annoying Rat...

9.8/10 for moi! What did you think of it? Sorry it is kinda short... also expect another movie review tomorrow! 

I did really enjoy the movie as a whole! I thought Emily Blunt and Lin-Manuel Miranda were the perfect duo! Although the movie fell flat at some parts, like the chase scene in my opinion, it was a great sequel to the original.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.