ZoomBoom124

New chat system + A way for private message to work.

Hello everyone. Over the years one of the things I've liked about this server is family friendly. That's good as parents won't have to peek over there kids shoulders constantly to see if inappropriate stuff is happening. You see I'm also very protective of my younger brother, I constantly make sure he's not listening/watching something inappropriate. So much so that my parents get angry sometimes. I hope I don't become a helicopter parent. Anyway, though I like that it's family friendly I do have some issues that need to be addressed.

First off the chat system us my biggest complaint, and I think the system should be much better. I dislike how every time a staff leaves they mute the chat. That stopped conversations and helpful advice from being had. I had to run around at 2AM on Thursday just to find something because I couldn't access chat and go to bed. Look, I know it's to keep people safe, and that's very true. Clearing chat keeps kids from asking "Mommy, what's *bleep*?" and the parents getting angry and giving the server a bad review. However, what i think we need is some form of automod. Where if it detects a inappropriate conversation it clears chat. Now I know why you guys may not have one. They aren't advanced enough to understand the difference between appropriate and inappropriate conversation.  People from other languages also come on, how would it detect bad words and inappropriate talk. Fair point. But something needs to be done so chat isn't always seemingly muted in the midnight hours in America. Another point of mine, guests from other countries never experience the full experience because chat is muted. You should probably hire mods who live in other countries that mirror our hours here in the US that way you wouldn't ever have to mute chat in the first place.

My second and lesser complaint is for direct messaging on the forums. Same logic applies here. However this automod would be like a middle party. The message is sent to the other person, it has to be approved by a mod/automod to be sent and done. Simple as that, simple and easy fix.

That's all my complaints. I'm sorry if there's no other way, but at least  I hope you think of my suggestions and take it into consideration. I just want a magical experience for everyone, 24/7.  That's all. I'm not trying to complain, just give you other options to think of. (Despite me calling it complaints.)

Thank you,
                    Zoom

Edited by ZoomBoom124
Formatting

I just realized there's a sub-forum for this specifically. Oops. Mods can you please move this? I made a mistake in where to post it.

Thank you for your feedback @ZoomBoom124

With the muting chat and auto moderation within the server, we do have an automatic system however due to the complexity of the human language you can only really effectively detect certain words or variations of that word rather than sentences or phrases which is why we have chat muted when a staff member isn't online. We do hire staff from around the world, for example, I am from the UK and we have a few staff members from Australia also.

The private messaging system isn't something we can easily modify from a development aspect due to the security side of the forums. Currently, development for the forums isn't a priority as myself and @Flakenstine are working on other projects. However, if you are in need of a private messaging system then Discord could be used as an alternative.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.