Sign in to follow this  
ItzJustLauren

QOTD: How accepting do you think people are of the LGBTQ+ community?

So today's Question Of The Day is "How accepting do you think people are of the LGBTQ+ community?"

You don't have to get into full detail, but I would love it if you joined in!

Lauren-

For me- I believe people that are afraid of change or something different will hate and hate on the community that just wants love. However- I have met a few people of the LGBTQ+ community that make it clear that they want to be the stereotypical gay or lesbian and that's fine- you do you honey- but for someone who doesn't understand same-gender marriage or relationships or just never really has been around it...its going to be hard for them to be near someone who's loud and kind of obnoxious and very 'flamboyant'. Not saying what they're doing is correct, i would just understand where they're coming from.........

• Like 2

BGannon-

From where I live, I think people are accepting and people support me. But one thing that bothers me is like what Lauren said the stereotypes. People act different and everyone's personality is made of many factors. They are not defined by being a part of the LGBTQ+ community. And so I wish Hollywood and the media would display many different types of LGBTQ+ people. That is why I loved the movie Love, Simon

I'm very lucky to be who I am and where I live too. 

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.