Sign in to follow this  
Grapes12345

Train Carts on Creative.

I think it would be a great idea to allow the use of train carts on the creative server. It could allow for a wide variety and more creative rides.

• Like 1

Hello @Grapes12345!

A lot of Guests suggested it. However, it can cause lag and minecarts don't go well with certain Minecraft versions.

• Haha 1

I know this has been asked for a lot, and I know how much people want it, but as of right now this isn't something we can offer on our Creative server. When we use TrainCarts on our parks, it's in a managed environment where we know there are always going to be X number of rides on Epcot for example. We're also able to fine-tune those rides so don't cause the server too much stress.

If we were to add it to Creative, there would be an untold number of rides that would exist. I think it's safe to say at least 100 people visit Creative daily, with peaks around 40-50 players at the same time on the weekends. I don't know if the server would be able to handle that amount of load along with plot management, show creator, and all the other things involved (plus, the plot world is huge - 26+ GB huge).

One thing I would like to do, and this is only an idea at this point, unfortunately, not a guarantee, is to build a simplified version of TrainCarts specifically for Creative that is optimized for our plots. Again, no promises on if or when this would be coming, but I would totally love to release it for everyone.

• Like 3