• Palace Network Staff

I say, my mind never manages to run out of ideas. A pretty cool idea came into my head for a neat little contest. The contest mainly revolves around this..

<body style="background-image: url("/backgrounds/hub.png"), url("/backgrounds/hub.png");">

You might have seen this before, or it might be fairly new to you. HTML is what makes up websites. You're probably thinking "Hazard, what's this got to do with the suggestion?" Well, this particular strip of code taken from https://audio.palace.network/ is about the whole contest. Every year, a contest could be held to change the design of the background for the audio server. This would be a cool way to see some awesome screenshots the community have produced from the palace Network. Just changing this one line of code makes a big difference and giving the community a great competition in the process.

hGm6eBgn1T.thumb.jpg.666b73443ac0c90eba7302403953fe6e.jpg

This would be a great way to get the community more involved, and potentially expanding the reputation of the server. It brings some customisation along with it.  It would be great to see something like this within the network. Obviously, to make it fair, there would be certain rules and guidelines, for example moderators can't use flight, and players can't use "freecam". To show my image on the audio server, I modified the code above. This is not a permanent change and as soon as you refresh the web server reverts it back.

Edited by Hazard
  • Like 1
  • Palace Interactive Team

The way the images are displayed is depending on what server you're in. Each server has its own image so it wouldn't be just a case of changing some HTML, we would have to edit the scripting behind it to load these images.

We could possibly run a competition for something else which is yet to be released yet.

• Confused 1
  • Palace Network Staff
13 minutes ago, Vidsify said:

The way the images are displayed is depending on what server you're in. Each server has its own image so it wouldn't be just a case of changing some HTML, we would have to edit the scripting behind it to load these images.

We could possibly run a competition for something else which is yet to be released yet.

I think I know which one you mean. Though I never noticed it was based on the server I was in!

var backgrounds={mk:['mainstreet'],epcot:['china','italy','japan','japan-water','soarin','spaceshipearth','testtrack','worldshowcase'],dhs:['greatmovieride','minandbill'],ak:['treeoflife'],dlr:['trolley'],hub:['hub'],ttc:['monorail'],dcl:['portcanaveral','wonder'],resorts:['artofanimation'],typhoon:['typhoon'],arcade:['arcade'],creative:['creative']}

Edited by Hazard
  • Palace Interactive Team
2 minutes ago, Hazard said:

I think I know which one you mean. Though I never noticed it was based on the server I was in!

https://audio.palace.network/scripts/client/clientv10.js

There are other bits as well which you can't see. Also it may have to be changed ingame depending on what area that image was taken in the parks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.