Sign in to follow this  
GlitchedRS

Sponsorship Program Feedback

Greetings folks, GlitchedRS speaking.

This is my feedback on the Palace Network Sponsorship program, after reading over the announcement and talking to some staff members about it.

First and foremost, I think this is a great idea, and I love that you're introducing new ways to keep the Palace Network funded. I really love the perks that come with it as well. In particular:

• Your can get your name placed on a ride or show. This is pretty much self-explanatory. In essence, you can leave your mark on Palace Network history, sort of like the (long-since discontinued) Leave a Legacy feature on Epcot.
  • You can finally participate in shows (given of course you can follow directions)! This one, I'm sure guests have been waiting on for a while.
  • You get your own private discord channels! Sure, they're only for sponsorship-related things from what I read, but still.

However, there is one thing about the Sponsorship Program that I do not like, and this is a potential game-changer: the sponsorships are a one-off, lifetime thing. In other words, you pay one price, and the sponsorship is yours forever - you can never get rid of it. The one-off payment system, in my opinion, is the biggest flaw with the Sponsorship Program, for two key reasons:

1. It effectively caps the amount of money that the server can make through the program. I understand that the Palace Network needs money to run and be updated, and, as stated above, I love that you've introduced the program to address those needs. However, I personally do not think this is an ideal way of doing it. Once all the sponsorships are bought out, that's it - no more money can be made out of them until a new batch of sponsorships comes out (for new rides, new shows, etc.). Then once the new sponsorships become available, they eventually get bought out, and again, no more money can be made out of it until the next new batch. I do somewhat understand the higher prices compared to traditional ranks to make up for this, but at the end of the day, a cap is still a cap, and once you hit that cap, you cannot go any further until it is raised (via new sponsorships).
  2. It limits the number of people that can be sponsors. As of this writing, there are sixty-six Palace Network attractions in the sponsorship list. That means that, as of right now, only 66 people can be sponsors. But it doesn't stop there. Ten of those attractions are currently non-sponsorable, meaning nobody can buy a sponsorship for them. That cuts that number down to 56 right off the bat. Then, ten more attractions have already been bought out, and there are five sponsorship claims pending. That leaves only 41 available sponsorships left. That's fifteen sponsorships taken out of 56 - more than a quarter of the available sponsorships - all in less than 72 hours. Granted, it's mostly from early hype, and it may take a while for the others to be bought (plus the possibility of more being added going forward), but still.

Now, tell me your thoughts on the matter. Do you agree or disagree, and why? I'd love to hear what everyone has to say about this.

I respectfully disagree. As you’ve stated, 41 potential sponsorship spots are left. Those won’t be filled for a while, due to the fact that some Sponsorships cost A LOT of money. If I had a Sponsored ride, I’d hope it was a lifetime, because that would be me spending at least $40 on a virtual game, a very good virtual game, but you get the point. 

I have the money to buy any one of the prices, but I just don’t see the point. I mean, others might disagree, but I don’t think it’s worth the money. Supporting the server is one thing, but that much money is another.

Anyways, this is just my opinion, and this would make a great Argumentive Essay for my English class xD.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.