It’s nothing new that the DCL ship has become neglected by guests and some newer guests don’t even realize it exists. I thought to myself for a while how we could fix this moving forward as a server and I think I’ve come up with an idea.

Weekend at Sea

Yes! Similar to Disney Day, this would take place entirely on the ship throughout the course of a weekend. This would take the same approach as your average Disney Cruise does but this would condense it into a weekend and add some “Palace Magic” as well.

Day 1 - Friday
Guests would begin the weekend by booking a room on the ship and by taking in everything the cruise had to offer. Pool parties and character appearances would be on the regular as well as games and fun things to do throughout the ship like Scavenger Hunts and Sardines. At night, Mickey, Minnie and the rest of the fab 5 would make an appearance in your setting off to sea party set to fireworks; After this, the cruise would officially be underway. To finish off the night, the first character dining of the weekend would take place in one of the ship’s restaurants.

Day 2 - Saturday
At the beginning of the day, the ship would make a stop at Castaway Cay, Disney's private island. During this time guests could enjoy all the island has to offer such as private beaches, nature trails, water splash pads, and snorkeling. Guests would all grab a bite together at a quick service on the island before the race would begin. The race would go around the whole island and guests would have the chance to run with characters. After this, a character dining would take place once again and then a musical would show in the ship’s theatre. I suggest, Tangled the Musical or Beauty and the Beast!

Day 3 - Sunday
Guests would have the morning to finish off their time at Castaway Cay before the ship sails back to shore. Characters would make another appearance midday before guests visit one of the clubs to see a science demonstration. This would be a show of some sorts held by two staff members as they struggle to make a potion, with explosive results! The final character dining of the weekend would take place just before the closing ceremony. A fireworks show would take place and then a party with all of our character friends would take place.

This is my idea for a cruise weekend with Palace! These could happen regularly every 2 months or so and could easily be themed to different things as well!

- Marvel Weekend at Sea - Marvel Character Dining, Character Experiences and a Marvel Stage Show in the Theatre.
- Star Wars Weekend at Sea - Star Wars Character Dining, Star Wars Fireworks and Fun activities throughout the ship.
- Princess Weekend at Sea - Princess Banquets, Princess themed musical (Tangled or The Little Mermaid possibly) and Princess Character Experiences.

Hope you all enjoyed! I spent some time on this and I would love to hear your thoughts.

• Like 4

I would love to see princess weekend at sea and star wars week end at sea and marvel weekend at sea, is there any day or time?

4 hours ago, Xion_Night said:

I would love to see princess weekend at sea and star wars week end at sea and marvel weekend at sea, is there any day or time?

No current set date for this, just an idea!

This sounds like an awesome idea! Pool parties and banquets would really  make the event! Also if there were enough staff members etc on - a show could be performed in the theatre! :x

Pink~

yea. seeing as the Only time there are loads of ppl on DCL is when there are characters