Pink_RoseBud

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Aloha friends!

I know it is far too early for Halloween and spookiness, but I promise I have a reason! I am visiting Walt Disney World in late summer, and they actually have a very early party in August (I know AUGUST!?) So I feel as though I sort of have to do because I am never in Walt Disney World in fall/autumn. I was curious if anyone has ever been to the party, and had any tips or just more information about it? 👻

(Also feel like @TheCraftyBatman can hopefully answer this) :ba:

Thank you all!

Pink~

• Like 1

I have! I have! You know me so well.

Beyond the magic wonder that is Halloween time, MNSSHP has definitely been one of my favorite Disney experiences to date. I HIGHLY recommend purchasing tickets for this special event. I have a lot of feelings/opinions about it, but here a the highlights:

1.) Wear a costume! We didn't (I just wore a Nightmare Before Christmas tee) and I was jealous of everyone else who dressed up. Make sure you are still comfortable in it though. You'll still be walking a lot.

2.) Yes, there are trick-or-treat stations scattered around the park but unless you are traveling with the smallest of mouseketers, don't waste your precious party time waiting in line for candy, things you can buy at home.

3.) There ARE special treats that you can only get during party times so those are worth a little wait. They pass out flyers at the entrance so you can see what's available/where.

4.) This year they'll have a brand new fireworks show. I can't speak to what it looks like, but Hallowishes, the former show, was INCREDIBLE. They also have a parade (Boo to You) and a castle stage show (Hocus Pocus themed!) I remember thinking the parade was too short for what I was expecting and the Hocus Pocus show was the good kind of cheesy. You obviously can only see these as part of MNSSHP, but I would rather use the time when everyone is at the parade to get on a few rides when the lines are shorter.

5.) Generally speaking, if you are a ride junkie, the parties are GREAT at reducing the amount of time you wait in line.

6.) Take a nap mid day and don't try to do the park from rope drop to end of the party. If you are exhausted, you won't enjoy it.

7.) and besides, August is a great time to do MNSSHP because the event may not be sold out the night you want to go = even less crowds!

Those are some feelings I have. I hope you have a MAGICAL time - can't wait to hear about it!

• Like 1

Aloha!

I have officially booked my tickets! I think I am actually going to one of the (if not the) first run of the event! It is on a Tuesday too so I am hoping it will be a bit quieter. 

Thank you for all your tips @TheCraftyBatman! I didn't even consider dressing up actually so perhaps i'll need to dig out a costume - but these tips are great I will definitely be using all of them! I think I am most excited for Boo to You as i've never actually seen it in person, so i'll probably take your advice on taking a nap so I can refreshed and can enjoy it to the max. Don't worry - i'll send you my photos!

Pink~

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.