Hayze

Palace Interactive | Speculations & Suggestions?

Hey Everyone!

I'd like to take the time to speculate what exactly Palace Interactive is. While I'm speculating I might unintentionally suggest something that could be used in the future for Palace Interactive. With that being said here are my speculations for what this "project" could turn out to be.

=-=

Palace Interactive: "Game Launcher"

In my opinion, I believe that this is the most believable outcome for Palace Interactive seeing as the definition of the word is: (of two people or things) influencing or having an effect on each other. This in a way correlates to what Palace Interactive will most likely be in the future. More evidence suggests and builds upon the idea that Palace Interactive will potentially be a Game Launcher. If you visit the following link you will be able to view this "teaser" to what seems to be and most likely is Palace Interactive.

=-=

Palace Interactive Website.

https://palaceinteractive.com/

=-=

From that following website you can make out an image which appears to be Fortnite: Battle Royale. On the same screen you can somewhat make out different icons and text. From what I can visually see the text reads as: Chat, Games, Store, Friends, Profile. There also seems to be icons which may be Settings for the Launcher itself. The "Beta" also suggests that this may in fact be a Game Launcher.

=-=

756240201_ScreenShot2019-09-23at6_52_38PM.png.efbe258e7eccf9ccd953400d427260a6.png

an image of what appears to be Brant's profile picture & text which suggest Chat, Games, Store Friends & Profile.

=-=

992380497_ScreenShot2019-09-23at6_53_05PM.png.903fc8080684d630f130844bfa25863b.png

This image shows the game Fortnite: Battle Royale & the "Settings" icons.

=-=

Palace Interactive: Rank Icons or Achievements?

More things you can make out from the image is these "rank icons" or achievements which are displayed next to Brant's profile. It's unclear what exactly those icons represent but I can only assume those are most likely Rank Icons & or Achievements.

=-=

Palace Interactive: The future of Palace Network

Palace Interactive seems to be the direction that Palace Network is going at the moment. This also makes me question if Palace Network will migrate to Palace Interactive and slowly transition out of Discord. Another thing to note is if this "Game Launcher" will use the platform for the selling of games? If that is the case will there be discounts on game purchases for ranks such as Honorable? This could simply be a new "Forum" and Brant's favorite game could be Fortnite: Battle Royale. However, Brant has a current interest in Overwatch so who knows.

923509462_ScreenShot2019-09-23at7_14_16PM.png.21d3a71150c4f5fd93eb3a5015b51543.png

=-=

Thank You very much for reading my speculations for Palace Interactive! Feel free to leave your speculations down below in the comments!

• Like 1

LOL, I think I was playing OW with him when you took that😂 great speculations though!

MAYBE this application will be similar to STEAM which allows you to conveniently add specific applications to the launcher?

Based on the things you said and things that can be found about it, I would lean towards a game launcher that has a moderated forum/chat system. I wouldn't say that the Palace Network would migrate from Discord as that is already a system that is controlled fairly well, but that this launcher is separate and a custom project not related to the MC server or its fan-base in the sense of change.

Interesting speculations. Steam is a game store (along with uPlay, Origin, Rockstar Game Launcher, Blizzard App, Epic Games Store, etc.) which is a market I don't think we could ever compete with, and quite frankly I don't want us to become a game marketplace.

One of our core values with Palace is to create an environment that's safe for all of our guests to enjoy. While our MC Server is themed towards Disney at the moment, there's definitely more avenues we can go down to bring more people into our community.

I also think it's important that we give people the ability to take the overall idea of what our community stands for, and implement it into their own community as well. Palace Network will always be focused on Minecraft and the content we're currently producing, while "Palace Interactive" is the overarching company that is creating more than just the Minecraft server.

I do want to touch on what @Grandom said in their message above regarding Discord - 

For a community like ours, Discord is probably the worst 3rd party service we could ever make use of, and have only implemented it into our community so that our guests can stay connected while they're outside of the game. The issue is, Discord's moderation is purely reactive, and is extremely hard to report misconduct to the Discord Trust & Safety Team. Players can use developer tools in their browser to fake messages from other guests to cause problems, they can also DM other guests outside of our discord server and harass them without us knowing, etc... The overall problem with discord is that it was built to connect gamers to eachother via live messaging (if you ever used MSN Messenger, AOL, Yahoo! Messenger, etc. their core goal is the same) which is great, but they aren't here to help foster a safe or positive environment for all of their users.

Now, with that being said, that doesn't mean we're just creating a discord rip-off for Palace and branding it as something else. I think that would be a waste of everyone's time, money, and excitement. While Discord was made to connect gamers to eachother via live messaging, we're building a platform to allow users to connect with their communities and discover new communities, all while being protected in an environment that is safe for them to be a part of.

The screenshot you have above is the first design pass on what's called the "Profile page", like if you click on my name on the forums, it'll take you to our forum software's version of a profile page (https://forums.palace.network/profile/1-brant/).

Part of what we're focusing on with the development of this project is Discovery. Discovering people and communities within our platform is something we find extremely important, so your profile page will include modules that you can enable or disable, that displays information about you, the games you play, the communities you're a part of, and so on. This will allow other users to discover people that they might have things in common with, ultimately hoping to forge a friendship. The way this is going to be implemented is super important as we don't want users to be targeted maliciously so we're working on how our (very very extensive) moderation tooling will go into discovery.

A lot of what I've said here may make sense or it may not until you see how it's implemented, but overall what I want and what the team wants is a platform for people to use all throughout their time on the internet without worrying that they're going to be bullied, harassed, or treated badly.

Hopefully that didn't spoil too much ;)

• Like 1

Also to put the speculation to rest, yes it's some sort of Desktop Application.

• Like 1

Nice ideas! I honestly can’t wait to see what they come up with, and tagging on what Brant said it probably won’t be a game market, seeing that steam pretty much has that lol. I know a few things about it but not enough to give a full explanation, so the best I can say is that it’s gonna be a form of app that we can all use for various things, not just one purpose. I can’t wait to see what they top it off with tho :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.