DLR's Pixar Pier conversion, good choice or bad?

• Palace Network Leadership

Heyo, as you can see in the title, I want to know about your guys-es opinions on the topic, the most recent conversion of the former Paradise Pier to Pixar Pier, I personally think that it kinda just took the childhood and nostalgic aspect out of it to be quite honest. I understand the decision from Disney themselves, as it's beneficial and it promotes the Pixar aspect of Disney as well. I previously enjoyed the old Paradise Pier a lot more, TOT, California Screamin and the old Ferris Wheel decor were better imo, personally the biggest change was TOT - GOTG and CS - Incredicoaster, both of their themes were changed drastically which imo affected my views on DCA, they're both still enjoyable but I miss what it used to be.

I don't know if it's just me, but I feel that a lot of things on Pixar Pier are meant to look good in pictures, and only to look good in pictures. I feel like this is one of the reasons this whole thing went through (minus, you know, IP placement). Anyway, I have mixed feelings about it.

-Incredicoaster: California Screamin was so much better, mainly for the music. Incredicoaster moves way too fast for the tunnel scenes and the "music" is mainly dialogue. Not to mention how bad the Jack-Jacks-on-a-sticks look. And Dash has no variations of the launch dialogue. His voice gets annoying way too quickly.

-Jessie's Critter Carousel: Better than Triton in every way, besides maybe the music. Stand in line for 15 minutes, and you've heard the whole loop. But, the creatures are very cute and are way better than the old sea creatures.

-Toy Story Mania just got a new paint job. I like it.

-Palaround: I refuse to do it as Pal-a-round because I like it as one word. I like the art on the sides of the cars. I just wish one of the Inside Out cars was non-swinging.

-Emotional Whirlwind: First, just to get it out of the way, the name describes my life. I like Inside Out. It's my favorite Pixar movie. The ride is.. eh. I wish the characters wouldn't speak besides the start and end. Let me enjoy the music. But, I don't know how I feel about it vs. Flik's Flyers. Bugs Land was my childhood, mainly Heimlich's Chew Chew Train. I see why they're replacing it, but I still can't help but feel angry. Anyway, EW is an okay ride, just like Pixar Pier is an okay land.

-Misc,: They definitely strayed away from the "pier" style with the food stands and things, and I don't really like it. I mean, there's a giant kid's meal container right next to a ferris wheel.

Pixar Pier is both a downgrade and an improvement at the same time. But, if I had to choose between one or the other, I'd choose Paradise Pier. It was the place that really screamed "California Adventure" for me. And Pixar Pier really isn't the same.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.